Mar 1, 2023
Group 1001, Inc. would like to provide an update to our stakeholders concerning recent system interruptions experienced by certain Group 1001 Insurance member companies, including Delaware Life Insurance Company, Delaware Life Insurance Company of New York, Clear Spring Life and Annuity Company, Clear Spring Property and Casualty Company, and our Clear Spring Health business. We are pleased to report that all of our companies are back to full functionality.
- Beginning on February 9, 2023, we were alerted to the existence of sophisticated ransomware on our information technology infrastructure.
- We immediately launched an investigation to determine the full scope of the incident, and a team of third-party forensic experts was engaged to assist in the investigation, which is ongoing.
- Based on our investigation to date, our forensic experts have confirmed that the ransomware code deployed in our environment has been contained and will not spread to any other internal or external systems.
- We have alerted the FBI and will continue to provide information regarding the incident as they investigate.
- We did not pay a ransom.
Containment & Remediation
- We took immediate action by proactively disconnecting systems from our network to contain the threat and prevent additional systems from being affected.
- Along with our forensics experts, our team scanned systems for indicators of compromise and remediated any identified indicators of compromise.
- In addition, we deployed additional advanced endpoint detection and monitoring tools on our newly restored systems for an added layer of security and visibility across our network.
- All systems were validated as clean by conducting additional scans before they were brought back online.
- We have been, and continue to be, in communication with our regulators about this incident.
- There will be a number of other infrastructure enhancements to continuously strengthen the security posture of Group 1001’s network and systems in the days, months, and years ahead.
- While our investigation is ongoing, we are confident that the attack has now been successfully contained.
- We have fully resumed normal operations.
- The security of our information and that of our contract holders and other stakeholders is important to us. Once our investigation is complete, we will notify any impacted parties as appropriate.
We want to confirm that it is safe to conduct business with us and to communicate with us via e-mail, our website portals, and our call centers. We apologize for any inconvenience and genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding as we worked vigorously to fully restore our computer networks.
For further questions about this incident, please e-mail our incident response team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mar 2, 2023
AM Best has commented that the Credit Ratings (ratings) of certain Group 1001 Insurance Holdings, LLC’s rated subsidiaries remain unchanged following the parent company’s disclosure that it sustained a cybersecurity attack that caused a network disruption and impacted certain systems.
According to the company, the follo...
Nov 4, 2022
Delaware Life, a Group 1001 company, has been recognized in a recent Barron’s article, “The Best Annuities for Income and Growth.” Noting that sales of these investment products have surged this year, the article highlights Delaware Life’s Growth Pathway®Fixed Index Annuity and Apex MYGA®Fixed Annuity as standouts in t...
Sep 21, 2022
Delaware Life, acting as arranger and a lead lender, recently provided a $400 million credit facility to Fundamental Renewables, an established provider of financing for solar and other renewable energy projects. This landmark transaction is an example of an important element of Delaware Life’s investment strategy – to...
Aug 22, 2022
INDIANAPOLIS – AUG. 22, 2022 — Group 1001 today announced the appointment of Mike Nichols as Chief of Sponsorship Strategy and Activations. Nichols has more than 25 years of executive experience in sports leadership and sponsorships, including more than 16 years at the LPGA (Ladies Professional Golf Association). He wi...
Aug 15, 2022
We are pleased to announce Guggenheim Life and Annuity Company, who recently received an upgrade from A.M. Best to a Financial Strength Rating of A- (Excellent), has a new name: Clear Spring Life and Annuity Company (“Clear Spring Life”). In addition, GL Marketing, LLC is now Clear Spring Life Marketing, LLC (“CSL Mark...
Aug 2, 2022
Fitch Ratings, a global credit rating agency, has published an Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) rating of “A-“ for Delaware Life Insurance Company. Read more about this rating HERE.
“We are pleased with the decision by Fitch Ratings and believe it is reflective of Delaware Life’s dedication to the business and our stron...
Mar 29, 2022
NEW YORK (Date TBD) – In a bold step to create lasting and meaningful change in women’s sports, Group 1001 will become a majority stakeholder in Parity, a startup created for both elite women athletes and their fans to combat gender pay inequities in professional sports.
As part of the acquisition, Parity will have sub...